AboutTom graduated with (BA Hons) Fine Art in 2004, University of Gloucestershire and has since
studied Digital Fine Art, Tower Hamlets College, London, 2006. Solo exhibitions include 1961-1999 at Supersaurus, Swansea in 2012 and he will be showing at Chapter in 2013. He was recently selected in Motorcade/ Flashparade's National Open Competition 2011 in Bristol and this year in the Angelika Open, London.
His recent projects include the Teggie - the beast of bala which sees Tom acting as researcher, interviewer, reporter, curator, artist and hoaxer to create an online archive documenting the existence of the beast; Beaten Black, Blue,Red, Green and Gold an exhibition to coincide with the Olympics; XSC a platform for Cardiff artists to critique and support each other's work and 11433.83 an International networking exchange between Wales and New Zealand which he directs alongside Jemma Bailey.
In 2010 he launched his Cerbyd project taking 10 selected artists on a tour of Wales to visit diverse community groups. Cerbyd was a template for uniting artists through travel, activity, collaboration and dialogue.
He writes for a-n magazine and works part-time as Learning Officer at the Glynn Vivian Art Gallery.
- Marsh Award for Excellence in Gallery Education, Engage, 2011
- Selected in Ana Finel Hangman's Top 10 Saatchi Online artists for June, 2009
- Shortlisted Young Artist of the Year Scholarship, The National Eisteddfodd of Wales, 2005
- Nominated to represent Wales at the Fifth Annual International Biennial of Contemporary Art:Florence, 2005
- (a-n) magazine's New Graduate of the Year, 2004
- Winner of The Greenbelt Art Prize, 2004
GalleryRepresented by Mermaid and Monster
LocationBased in Cardiff, Wales.
- Fee: £150
- Bandwith: medium
- Latency: 28 days
Further Informationartist's website
Mermaid and Monster